History

 

History

Since the beginning of the Faculty of Medicine-Colombo, Pathology has remained a subject in the medical curriculum.In 1941 the Department of Pathology was established as a separate unit in the second floor of the current building.


Professors of Pathology from 1941 to Date

 

 

 

 

Prof.W.A.E.Karunarathne 

(1936-1953) 

  

 

 

   Prof.G.H.Cooray 

   (1953-1970)



 

 

   Prof. Daphne Attygalle 

   (1970-1984)

 
 

 

 

        Prof.L.R.Amarasekara 

        (1984-2006)






   Prof.M.V.C.de Silva 

   (2006 onwards)