Postgraduate Certificate in Basic Forensic Anthropology is a 6 months program conducted by the Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology. The program has been designed for those who have a Bachelor’s degree at or above SLQF level 5 in fields related to but not limited to Medicine, Dentidtry, Human and animal biology, Molecular biology, Anthropology or Archaeology.
- To improve legal and practical expertise in the recovery and analysis of human remains among medico-legal service providers.
- Duration: 6 months
- Credit hours: 20
- SLQF level: 7
- A Bachelor’s degree OR
- Above SLQF level 5 in fields related to but not limited to Medicine, Dentidtry, Human and animal biology, Molecular biology, Anthropology,Archaeology.
- Screening Examination comprising of a MCQ paper
- End of Course Examination: 70%
- Group Assignment, Presentation &Report: 30%
Both internal and external,
- Faculty of Medicine, Colombo
- Post Gratuate Institute of Archeology
- University of Sri Jayawardhanapura
- International committee of Red Cross
- Course Fee: Rs. 30,000
Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
+94 112 695 300 ext. 148 / 149