MS. E.H. Manjula Ranasinghe
Senior Analytical Chemist
Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology,
Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo
B Sc (Special in Chemistry), M Sc (Analytical Chemistry)
- Master of Science in Analytical Chemistry (University of Colombo, 2006-2007 Batch)
- Bachelor of Science in chemistry special degree holder. (University of Kelaniya, 2000-2004 Batch)
RESEARCH PROJECT EXPERIENCE
- M.Sc. research project – Development of Simple and Fast Analytical Method for the Determination of Sudan Dyes in Chili and Curry-containing Foods by the UV- Visible spectrophotometer
- B.Sc. Final Year Research Project – Enhanced Bioactivity Against Root-knot Nematodes in the presence of Neem Extract and Turmeric Extract
Senior Analytical Chemist Department of Civil Engineering, University of Moratuwa (From 01/04/2011 to 31/03/2013)
Analytical Chemist Department of Civil Engineering, University of Moratuwa (From 15/ 06/ 2005 to 31/03/2011)
Temporary Research Assistant Department of Chemistry, University of Kelaniya (From 25/ 04/ 2005 to 13/ 06/ 2005)
Temporary Demonstrator Department of Chemistry, University of Kelaniya (From 25/ 03/ 2004 to 25/ 03/ 2005)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Physical and chemical analysis of water, wastewater and soil according to the SLS, APHA, BS, etc.
- Chemical analysis of biological fluids.
- Handling analytical instruments and equipments
- Preparation of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for analytical instruments
- Operating and calibrating analytical instruments such as gas and high performance liquid chromatography (GLC,HPLC), ion chromatography, electro chromatography and spectroscopy (Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer, infrared and ultraviolet)
- Method and process development in chemical analysis.
- Validate methods, products and equipments and standardize test results.
- Coordinating lab experiments in Analytical Chemistry for undergraduate student
- Preparation of lab sheets
- Instructing for chemical preparation
- Trying out experiments with instructors prior doing practical
- Instructing lab experiments for undergraduate students
- Instructing project experiments for undergraduate research
- Ordering laboratory instruments and equipments for analytical purposes
CONSULTANCY PROJECT INVOLVED:
- Test of water and sediments for proposed development of Sainthamaruthu Anchorage in Ampara district (2010).
- Wastewater quality survey in Colombo and suburbs for ADB founded technical assistance program for Greater Colombo wastewater management project, 86, Ananda Coomaraswamy Mawatha, Colombo 7 (2010).
- Analysis of water in Ampara Water Supply Scheme to identify causes for color episodes in Ampara Water Supply Scheme (2007).
- Analysis of water for Environmental Impact Assessment of the proposed New Southern Highway for the Road Development Authority
- Analysis of Water quality in Southern highway area for the Southern Highway Construction Project, Kottawa- Kurundugahahetekma for Taisei Corporation.
- Wastewater Sampling and Testing for the Evaluation of the Treatment Process - ALT Freshtex Garments Ltd.,Katukurunda, Moratuwa
- Wastewater Sampling and Testing for the Evaluation of the Treatment Process - MAS Fabric Park, MAS Holdings Ltd., Thulhiriya
- Wastewater Sampling and Testing for the Evaluation of the Treatment Process - Kalro Lanka (Pvt.) Ltd., Old Galle Road, Gorakana, Keselwatta, Panadura.
- Soil and Water Testing for Construction Purposes - Access Engineering Ltd., ‘Access Towers’, 278, Union Place, Colombo 02.
- Soil and Water Testing for Construction Purposes - Engineering Laboratory Services (Pvt) Ltd., 62/3, Neelammahar Road, Katuwawala, Boralesgammuwa.