Professor Kusum de Abrew
Ongoing case studies
· Minimum dose of metformin to control blood glucose in type 2 diabetes.
· Reasons for poor compliance to oral antidiabetic agents.
· Reasons for poor control of blood glucose in type 2 diabetic patients on oral antidiabetic agents.
· Reasons for poor control of blood glucose in type 2 diabetics on insulin therapy.
Research completed (awaiting Publication)
· Diabetic nephropathy
Research completed in print
· Clinical profile in type 2 diabetes in relation to the body mass index.
Dr. Priyadarshani Galappatthy
· Protoocol ART 621-223 titled A factorial-design, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose optimisation study to investigate the safety, efficacy immunogenicity and pharmacokinetics of ART621 following multiple dose administration in subjects diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis concomitantly taking methotrexate
· Randomised controlled Clinical trial of efficacy and safety of rituximab vs lefunamide in patients with rheumatoid arthritis
· Evaluation of workplace behaviours of intern medical officers in the Colombo group of hospitals
· Long term outcome of patients with systemic lupus Erythematosus
· A study of patients with Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome and their long term outcome
· An evaluation of the impact of the portfolio introduced as a new assessment tool for the internship period of internal Pharmacists
Dr.Shalini Sri Ranganathan:
· Availability, accessibility and affordability of paediatric essential medicines in Sri Lanka.
· Current situation of availability and quality use of oral paediatric medicines in Sri Lanka.
· Quality indicators of pharmaceuticals issued by the Medical Supplies Department to Public Sector Hospitals.
· Formulation of child friendly dosage forms.
· Lithium: Therapeutic drug monitoring and factors influencing sub and supra therapeutic levels.
Dr. Chamari Weeraratne:
· Medicine information needs of visually impaired consumers.
· Problems encounted by individuals with visual and hearing impairment in use of medicine and strategies adopted by them to overcome these.