Master of Science in Genetic Diagnostics is a 2 years program conducted by Human Genetics Unit, Faculty of Medicine.
This course aims to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes required by scientist to deliver genetic diagnostic services. it includes training in diagnosing genetic diseases using laboratory techniques, genetic testing, choosing appropriate genetic investigations and interpreting results. it also includes formulating effective research proposals based on medical genetics and performing effective researches.
- To develop knowledge, skills and attitudes required by scientist to deliver genetic diagnostic services.
- To diagnose genetic diseases using laboratory techniques, genetic testing, choosing appropriate genetic investigations and interpreting results.
- To formulate effective research proposals based on medical genetics and performing effective researches.
- Duration: 2 years
- Credit Hours: 60
- SLQF level: 10
- MBBS or equivalent degree registered with the Sri Lanka Medical Council OR
- BSc.in Biomedical Sciences Subject or equivalent degree
- Foreign applicants should have a MBBS or equivalent degree registered with the Medical Council of the country of residence of the applicants.
- In ante erat, sodales at auctor eget, fringilla sed augue.
- Proin vel metus volutpat, lacinia elit ac, consectetur dui.
- Vivamus at justo sed sem aliquam rutrum.
- Quisque egestas ipsum eget libero maximus feugiat eget sed neque.
- Aliquam blandit viverra scelerisque. Aliquam eu eleifend felis.
- Nullam id arcu imperdiet, imperdiet quam suscipit, placerat lectus. Vestibulum luctus turpis sit amet vehicula dictum.
- Online learning
- Clinical rotation
- Self learning
- Practical/laboratory sessions and assignment
- Research project
- Based on written and practical examinations for each module at the end on the 1st and 2nd semesters.
- Required to write a dissertation on research project
- This will be examined by two examiners and defended by the student at aviva examination.
Both internal and external
- Course Fee: Rs. 200,000
- Application Fee: Rs. 5,000
- Registration Fee: Rs. 25,000/-
- Library Fee: Rs. 2,500/-
Dr. T. Kalum Wetthasinghe
+94 112 689 545