Sports and Exercise Medicine Unit – Research
- Chathuranga Ranasinghe, Andrew P. Hills, Neil A. King et al, Glycemic and cardiometabolic effects of exercise in South Asian Sri Lankans with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A randomized controlled trial Sri Lanka diabetes aerobic and resistance training study (SL- DARTS), Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, 15, 1,2021, 77-85
- Arena R, Lavie CJ, Ranasinghe C, et al. HL-PIVOT Network. The global path forward – Healthy Living for Pandemic Event Protection (HL – PIVOT). Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2020 May 30.
- Mclaughlin, Ranasinghe C, et al. Worldwide surveillance of self-reported sitting time: a scoping review. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 17, 111 (2020)
- DiPietro, L., Ranasinghe C, et al. Advancing the global physical activity agenda: recommendations for future research by the 2020 WHO physical activity and sedentary behavior guidelines development group. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 17, 143 (2020)
- Bull FC, Ranasinghe C, et al. World Health Organization 2020 guidelines on physical activity and sedentary behavior. British Journal of Sports Medicine 2020;54:1451-1462.
- Chathuranga Ranasinghe, Cemal Ozemek, Ross Arena. Exercise and well-being during COVID 19 – time to boost your immunity, Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy, 2020/07
- Strauss JA, Ranasinghe C, Cowley E, Schwingshackl L, Shepherd SO, Chaplin M,Garner P. High‐intensity interval training for reducing cardiometabolic syndrome in healthy but sedentary populations. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2020, Issue 5. Art. No.: CD013617. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD013617.
- Ranasinghe C, Jayawardena R, Palihawadana V. Kick start training during the COVID-19 pandemic-Challenges of the sporting community. Sri Lankan Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine. 2020;2(1).