e-Certificate Course in Health Programme Management is a 3 months online program which aims to give a broad overview and a basic knowledge of health programme management to all those interested and those engaged in health or health related programme/project activities as administrators, programme planners or field implementing officers. It is conducted online to accommodate health workers distributed throughout the country as well as, candidates who are unable to undertake full time study due to their day to day work. Additionally it will give the trainees an experience of learning in the online environment.
- Discuss concepts of health and development, analyze health and development related population information,
- Describe partnerships in health and development
- Evaluate health system in Sri Lanka
- Discuss health manpower and other resources
- Discuss health planning and management
- Discuss monitoring and evaluation
- Develop a project proposal
- Duration: 3 months
- Credit Hours:
- SQLF level: 2
The Course is targeted for health programme planners, managers, supervisors, field coordinators in state sector, private sector and profit making organizations. All health professional categories interested in professional development would benefit by following this program.
- Possessing a bachelor’s degree in the fields of Medicine, Science, Arts or Social Science or an equivalent professional qualifications. OR
- Currently employed as health programme planners/ managers/ supervisors/ fields coordinators in state sector, private sector and non-profit making organizations with the following educational qualifications.
- Pass in all subjects at the GCE Advanced Level Examination
- Minimum of a credit pass for English at the GCE Ordinary Level Examination
- By an Interview.
- Online lectures and other reading materials
- Field work involved in the project
- Self learning
both internal and external
- Course Fee: Rs. 30,000/-
- Application Fee: Rs. 270/-
- Registration Fee: Rs. 2000/-
- Examination Fee: Rs. 2000/-
Dr. Shreenika Weliange
Department of Community Medicine
+94 112 695 300 ext. 142 / 143