- Understand the concepts related to health, the dynamic nature of its determinants and its relevance to health in all policies.
- Describe and analyze the multifaceted nature of the health system and related organizations.
- Apply the knowledge and skills gained to analyze present and future challenges in health development.
- Take an advocacy role in encouraging others to view health outcomes to be a result of policies and advances in other sectors.
- Duration: 18 months (12 months lectures & 6 months dissertation writing)
- Credit Hours: 20
- SLQF Level: 8
- A first Degree from a recognized University in a health related field. OR
- A professional qualification of at least one year in a health related field which is acceptable to the University , together with two years experience in a health related field acceptable to the University.
- In ante erat, sodales at auctor eget, fringilla sed augue.
- Proin vel metus volutpat, lacinia elit ac, consectetur dui.
- Vivamus at justo sed sem aliquam rutrum.
- Quisque egestas ipsum eget libero maximus feugiat eget sed neque.
- Aliquam blandit viverra scelerisque. Aliquam eu eleifend felis.
- Nullam id arcu imperdiet, imperdiet quam suscipit, placerat lectus. Vestibulum luctus turpis sit amet vehicula dictum.
- Lecture discussions
- Small group discussions
- Case studies
- Field visits
- In-course formative assessments
- End of course examination – Structured Essay Question paper
Lectures will be delivered by a panel of excellent teachers and experts. They include Senior Lecturers and Professors from a range of disciplines in the Universities and Specialists from the Ministry of Health.
- Course Fee: Rs. 62,000
- Application Fee: Rs. 3,000
- Registration Fee: Rs. 3,000
- Examination Fee: Rs. 5,000
- Library Fee: Rs. 2,000
- Total Fess: Rs. 75,000
Professor Saroj Jayasinghe (Course Director)
Department of Clinical Medicine,
Faculty of Medicine,
+94 112 600 395 ext. 134 / 135
Dr Dulani Samaranayake (Academic Director)
Department of Community Medicine,
Faculty of Medicine
+94 112 695300 ext. 142
Ms. Krishni Fernando (Course Manager and contact person)
0775 273 707