Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Quality & patient Safety is a 1 year/ (12 months) program conducted by the Department of Microbiology.
This program aims to train healthcare professionals about patient safety, including how systems impact on the quality and safety of health care . It also addresses the issues related to poor communication leading to adverse events. The expert resource groups would be discussing on managing these challenges and how to development of strategies to prevent errors using real time case scenarios. This will enable participants to respond to errors and complications and to evaluate results to improve performance in the long term.
- Have an overall knowledge on healthcare quality and patient safety, including factors that influence it
- Identify, analyze, and manage common medical errors, and implement preventive actions
- Comprehend and apply principles of quality health care including, quality management systems and quality measuring indicators in healthcare settings
- Have good knowledge on principles of infection control and be able to apply them in the respective work settings
- Maintain the expected standards of infection control during various procedures and in different settings
- Function as an effective team member of a multidisciplinary team
- Educate healthcare workers on healthcare quality and patient safety
- Basic degree in any field related to health and worked for at least for one year in a health care setting;
- Professional qualification in health from a recognized professional body acceptable to the faculty board of FMUC with three years’ work experience in any sector of a health care setting;
- Any other Diploma from a recognized University/ Institution or an equivalent qualification related to health and recognized by the Faculty Board of FMUC with five years’ work experience in a healthcare setting;
- Currently employ in a healthcare institution.
Candidates will be selected based on their qualifications, performance in an interview and a competency assessment examination (computer literacy and English knowledge).
- Lectures will be conducted online on Saturdays. All lectures will be recorded and uploaded to the Post Graduate Learning Management System.
- Online discussions.
- Workshops (online, onsite or hybrid depending on the situation). There are two workshops lined up in the programme.
- Continuous assessment (CA) – one assignment for each of the eight modules. All assignments should be completed, to be eligible for the end of course examination.
- End of course examination – two-hour MCQ paper and three-hour essay paper.
- The total final summative assessment mark constitutes 60% from the end of the course examination and 40% from the continuous assessment.
Both internal and external experts in relevant fields contribute to lectures.
Fee for local candidates:
- Tuition Fee: Rs. 160,000 (can be paid in two installments, Rs. 80,000 each)
- Application Fee: Rs 2,500
- Registration Fee: Rs. 7,500 (paid at registration)
- Online Platform Fee: Rs. 12,000 (paid at registration)
- Examination Fee: Rs. 7,500 (paid before the final examination)
Fee for overseas candidates: $ 1500 (all inclusive)
Programme coordinator: Y. W. S. Suranadee
+94112697513/ +94 112 695 300 ext. 154