Department of Anatomy, Genetics & Biomedical Informatics – Services
Provision of Specimens for Education Exhibitions
The Department of Anatomy issues the specimens for education exhibitions according to the standard protocol of the University of Colombo.
Following documents should be produced.
- Approval from the Dean, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
- Approval from the Head of the Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
- Approval from the relevant Medical Officer of Health (MOH) to hold an exhibition using the specimens provided by the Faculty of Medicine in the specified period. (Download Letter)
- Receipts issued by the Shroff of Faculty of Medicine for the refundable advance payment.
- Receipts issued by the Shroff of Faculty of Medicine for the (Non-refundable) payment for the specimens (Rs. 250/- is charged for each specimen per day)
- The letter issued by the Head (e.g.:- Principal of the school) of the institute holding the exhibition assuring the safe return of the specified date.
- Photocopy of the National Identity Card and official identity card of the person taking charge of the specimens.