Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology – Academic
Contribution to MBBS
The department contributes Medico – Legal Module of MBBS program, in which the chairperson and the convener are Dr. Asela Mendis and Dr. Sameera Gunawardhana respectively. Under the core outcomes students should,
- Show competence in identifying and investigating medico-legal cases.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and evidence based approach in the investigation of medico-legal cases.
- Demonstrate continuing professional development with self-learning ability.
- Function professionally and ethically in an impartial manner
- Demonstrate effective communication skills including oral presentation skills and report writing skills.