International Unit is the foundation of Overseas electives which is providing information on opportunities for potential overseas electives students and international collaborators. It has a long history of international links and offering electives for worldwide medical education institutions. Annually over 150 overseas electives students are placing for electives in National hospital-Colombo, The Soyza hospital-Colombo and Lady Ridgeway hospital-Colombo.
International Unit has strong links with several countries as United Kingdom, Australia, Sweden, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia. Every international student is guided by the unit during the whole process.
To be the global face of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
- To promote links and collaborations with institutions worldwide, and thereby attract academics, students and health professionals to visit Sri Lanka.
- To be a leader in the field to provide information on opportunities for potential overseas electives students and international collaborators
- To coordinate, facilitate, arrange, supervise and promote the elective programme for overseas medical students.
- To facilitate visits of international academics, researchers, speakers and experts
- To ensure that visitors and students gain an academically rewarding and pleasant experience in Sri Lanka.
- To facilitate the development of courses in global health which showcase the contributions from Sri Lanka.
- To prepare a memorandum of understanding when the need arises.
Interested parties are invited to form collaborations through the international unit, this may be in the form of Research collaborations, Technical collaborations or Sharing of knowledge and resources.
The International unit will direct you to the relevant person / group.
Please email your request to email@example.com