- Teaching Hospital: De Soysa Maternity Hospital for women is one of largest hospitals dedicated to women’s health in Sri Lanka, serving as a national tertiary care centre.
- The University Professorial Unit: The 89-bedded obstetrics Unit is located at Ward 3 and 15, the gynaecology unit with 50 beds located at ward 39 of the National Hospital Sri Lanka.
- Tuesdays ,Thursdays & Saturdays 8.00am-12.00noon.
- Gynaecology Operating Sessions:
- Tuesday – OTA and OTB
- Wednesday – OTA x 2 lists
- Fridays – Post casualty OTD
- Saturdays – OTA x 2 lists
- Tuesday – Operation theatre A and B
- Wednesday – Operation theatre A and B
- Saturday – operation theatre A
- Operation theatre D on every other Saturdays
|Venue||Date & Time||Clinic|
|De Soysa Maternity Hospital for Women||Monday at 2.00pm||Cardiac|
|National Hospital Sri Lanka||Monday at 2.00pm||Oncology|
|De Soysa Maternity Hospital for Women||Tuesday at 2.00pm||Subfertility|
|De Soysa Maternity Hospital for Women||Wednesday at 8.30am||Hypertension|
|National Hospital Sri Lanka||Tuesday at 10.00am||Colposcopy|
|De Soysa Maternity Hospital for Women||Thursday at 8.30am||Diabetes|
|De Soysa Maternity Hospital for Women||Thursday at 2.00pm||Subfertility & Endocrine|
The Reproductive Biology Laboratory of this department consists of 3 different sections: Clinical Biochemistry, Endocrinology & Immunology and Andrology. This laboratory provides the backup services for teaching, research and patient care services provided by the professorial Obstetrics and Gynaecology unit of Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo. The services of these laboratories were extended to other departments and faculties for their clinical and research work. Services and maintenance of the laboratory are carried out by performing some investigations on cost recovery basis without any financial burden to the university. Several postgraduates (PhD, DM, MPhil & MSc) carry out the entire or part of laboratory component of their research projects in this laboratory.