Contribution to MBBS
The Department staff conduct teaching activities to the undergraduates in the following four streams of the MBBS course.
- Applied Sciences Stream – Lectures, Practicals, Problem Based learning sessions, Virtual Learning Environment, Clinical lecture demonstration
- Clinical Sciences Stream – Integrated ward classes
- Community Sciences Stream – Supervision of research projects
- Behavioral Sciences Stream – Small Group Teaching Activities
The Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), is situated in the department of pathology provides students the opportunity to integrate clinical and para clinical studies using specialized teaching software.
Special Awards are awarded to students who excel in patholgy in the applied sciences stream.
- Loos Gold Medal for Pathology
- Professor Daphne Attygalle Medal for Pathology
- Distinction in Pathology – Dr. Harsha Dissanayake in 2012 (Most recent)